I am listening to/watching: Monk S 2, E 12
Mood: Tired, excited, itchy
Time: 1:40 pm
I thought I would do something fun for today’s post. I am going to name my top 5 inspiring TV moms. Every mom on the list is different, they all bring something unique to the ideas of single mothers. First take the quiz (if you want) and find out what single mom you are and then read about the moms below.
1) Reba from Reba. Reba made my number one spot because she was dealing with a great deal of problems (teen pregnancy, a daughter with a drinking problem, starting a career). Reba dealt with a great deal of issues but always kept her children’s needs first. This meant being friends with the woman her husband cheated on her with. I cannot say how inspiring it is (even if its on TV) to see an adult mother act like an adult. Despite her being hurt and unconformable she dealt with it for her children.
2) Joss from Person of Interest. Joss was a veteran who’s marriage fell apart when her husband would not get help for his PTSD. She not only was a good mom but a great cop. She fought very hard to make the world her son lived in safe, and when her ex-husband did get help she gladly let him be an active part of their son’s life.
3) Mary from In Plain Sight. If you have ever seen the show Mary is not what you would off the bat see as mom materiel. However, what I love about her was the fact that you got to watch her struggle with the idea of keep the baby or giving the baby up for adoption. You also got to see her come to grips with the fact that she was pregnant. I feel like compared to the other mothers her and I have the most in common. In more than one occasion she had to take her baby to work (talk about life).
4) Camille from Bones. Camille made my list because unlike the other moms she did not give birth to her child she adopted hers. On top of that she adopted an older child, and this I loved. Often times the mothers who choose to be single mom are over looked. Not only that Camille is a major contrast to what we are used to seeing in African American single mothers. She is well educated, well spoken, has a great career, and still a single mother. Single mothers come from all walks of life.
5) Jules from Cougar Town. Jules is my OMG I hope I end up in love like her single mom. As you can tell by the name she is an older single mom (her son is in his teens when the show starts). Not only does she have a great relationship with her son father but she gets into a lovely relationship in the show. I feel she represents that love can happen at any time for anyone.
Reba image from http://www.gstatic.com/
Joss image from http://personofinterest.wikia.com/
Jules image from http://www.fanpop.com/
Mary image from http://www.filmjackets.com/
Camille image from http://bones.wikia.com/
Share your results below, I would love to know what who you got.