I am listening to/watching: Nadia Ali, Love Story
Mood: Hungry, Loved,
Time: 9:15 am
Housework can take up a lot of time. However, there are a few things that can be done to save time with housework.
- Give your children age apportion chores. Noah is three and at this point it is his job to clean his toys, put his clothing in the dirty clothes, help me with his laundry, and as of last week wash his dishes.
- Clean the small things every day, don’t throw clothing around, do dishes, clean the stove, you get the point. Set aside about an hour a day to maintain a clean environment.
- Clean while your child is in the bath. Best tip I have learned you can clean the bathroom while your child is in the bath. I have learned I can do a light clean (wash the counters, clean the toilet, sweep the floor) all in the 10 minutes my son is in the bath.
- Do not get overwhelmed by the little stuff. I have to remind myself of this often. If there are a few toys here or there, you skip a day of cleaning, you can only do one load of laundry than that is okay. Your home is not a museum.
- Pick a room and pick a time to deep clean. You do not have to deep clean EVERY week. Do not stress yourself that way. Let’s say you give the living room a deep clean every other week. This is when you would vacuum, dust, clean the walls (if you need to), all that jazz. So on those off weeks, just spot clean, if you have been cleaning over the week things like spills, coloring on the walls, and other things have already been taken care of.
I know some people are looking at this list and going is that enough cleaning? Yes, it is an hour a day will keep your house clean. It won't be perfect but give yourself a break your home does not need to be perfect.
As you can see here I have two printable one is a chore chart. This works really well with all children (even those with autism spectrum). Children need to see what they are being asked to do so I made a chore chart. For adults i have made a daily/ weekly chart of what needs to be cleaned. I clean by rooms so that is how the chart is made. (Just click the picture and it will take you to the full chart image)
If you would like a blank version of the daily/weekly chart subscribe.